We all like to think that we ‘should’ be able to prepare our own taxes! Why is that?
A few questions to ask yourself – if you know the answers – good for you!
- Should we do a pension split?
- As a pensioner with a partner, how does optimization on my taxes apply to me?
- Who should claim our medical expenses? What expenses are deductible?
- Who should claim our donations? Should I claim the donations each year or save them up?
- What is a fitness credit?
- What is a caregiver credit – can I use it if I look after my aunt? My brother?
- Can I rent my principal residence and not have a capital gains issue when I sell it?
- Am I sure that I am taking every deduction or credit that I am entitled to?
(We can come up with more if you need them)
For Tax Consulting, Contact B A Sheahan & Associates Ltd. in Victoria, British Columbia